Consulting with KPC.
There are many good reasons why renowned national and international organizations and financial institutions rely on KPC's expertise.
The focus of
The focus of our international consulting activities is on energy, environment, climate change, water and project financing in the area of development cooperation. We always keep an eye on possible synergies between the above-mentioned fields of work. This is the only way to offer practical and customized solutions that actually add value. Our expertise results predominantly from our experience handling Austrian federal subsidies, which we started doing in 1993. These subsidies cover the areas of environment, climate change, water and wastewater, and contaminated land remediation.
Thanks to a large number of consulting assignments and execution mandates, we have developed top-notch expertise in the sectors of renewable energy, energy efficiency, planning and implementation of financing facilities and subsidy programs as well as climate financing, both in Austria and abroad.
This allows us to support economic, social, and ecological development in the area of development cooperation.
Clients all over the world.
Our clients include: the Austrian Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism (BMNT), the Austrian Federal Ministry of Finance, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the French Development Aid Agency (AFD), the European Commission, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the German Agency for International Cooperation GmbH (GIZ), the Deutsche Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United Nations Industrial Development Programme (UNIDO), the European Environment Agency (EEA), the Inter-American Development Bank, and the World Bank Group. The geographical focus of our activities ranges from the countries of Southeastern Europe and Central and Eastern Europe to Central Asia, but we are also active in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
Climate change-related activities:
- In the climate sector, KPC acts, among other things, as a contact for the European NER 300 initiative. This is a funding mechanism for renewable energy demonstration projects.
- As one of Austria's three climate finance clearinghouses, KPC manages a global portfolio of climate change projects in the areas of energy, REDD+ and biodiversity in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are also responsible for the Austrian NAMA initiative. This means that we identify international climate protection projects, register them under the UNFCCC and support their implementation in developing countries.
Projects in the water sector:
In this area, KPC is a long-standing partner of the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), providing technical assistance to ADA partner countries. KPC also advises ADA on climate change mitigation measures in the water sector to identify and leverage both risks and benefits. In addition, KPC has prepared numerous studies, such as the evaluation of investments in Austrian sanitary engineering.
KPC projects in the energy sector
- Technical and financial evaluation of a small hydropower plant in Hallstatt
- Analysis of the waste heat potential at Austrian industrial plants
- On behalf of OeMAG, KPC has been carrying out the technical assessment of eligible plants within the framework of the Small Hydropower Promotion Program of the Ministry of Economic Affairs since 2009.
Contaminated land remediation
In the area of contaminated land remediation, KPC has prepared a large number of studies on behalf of the Environment Agency Austria, which focus on management of contaminated sites, cost effectiveness of management measures, and tools for decision-making to efficiently achieve goals in the area of contaminated land remediation.