Ukrainian Residential Energy Efficiency Financing Facility (UREEFF)
With a view to address the poor condition of the residential building stock in Ukraine and the impact of rapidly raising energy tariffs, the EBRD designed a residential SEFF framework to be implemented in cooperation with the Ukrainian Government and select Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs). By bundling technical assistance, financial incentives to end-users and medium-term funding/risk participation into a ‘one-stop-shop’, UREEFF will be the first dedicated instrument to support investments in residential energy efficiency throughout the country.
Qualifying PFIs in Ukraine (including new and existing clients of the Bank) will lend to eligible private sector sub-borrowers for sustainable energy investments in the residential sector to finance energy efficiency refurbishment, component replacement or installation of eligible measures in residential properties.
The Project Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Promote UREEFF through targeted public awareness and marketing campaigns
- Provide overall Facility coordination in relation to the development of a portfolio of sub-projects and proactively work with the PFIs in identifying a pipeline of eligible sub-projects
- Build capacity among local PFIs to identify eligible project opportunities (including via loan officer trainings)
- Advise PFIs on the development of products that specifically target the prospective energy projects of their client base and/or developing standardised financing to address the financing needs of targeted sub-borrowers
- Maintain and update a database of applicants for sub-loans and assist both the PFIs and the sub-borrowers during all the stages of the approval process
- Maintain and update the List of Eligible Measures and Equipment (LEME) and List of Equipment Suppliers and Installers (LESI). For building level subprojects, undertake preliminary screening and advise on the eligibility of the sub-projects proposed to be financed under UREEFF
- Establish an efficient electronic tracking, monitoring and reporting system to ensure the use of standard forms and accurate data
Kommunalkredit Public Consulting GmbH, Türkenstrasse 9, 1092 Vienna, Austria