Modernisation of Local Public Services: Regional Planning and Programming
In Moldova, the provision of public services, the maintenance of infrastructure and other administrative tasks require strong management at the local level. Due to their current weak performance, the limited investments are not being used efficiently. Furthermore, a lack of understanding of the required parameters such as cost, actual performance or income, mean that the decisions taken are neither problem-oriented nor optimized. Another problem is the insufficient cooperation between municipalities regarding the utilization of potential synergies.
The scope of work comprises consultancy services to municipal and rayon administrations in up to 3 rayons with up to 12 communes, covering the sectors of water/wastewater, waste management, energy efficiency/renewable energies and road construction/maintenance. The focus is on the structural support of partner administrations, particularly at the rayon and communal level in rural areas, with the aim of sustainable improvement of their services delivery.
The scope of work of the assignment is:
- Preparation of medium-term investment plans with due cooperation with the public and private sector as well as other communal stakeholders
- Preparation of at least 90 investment project fiches for investment projects in public assets with a total worth of up to 170 million Euro in the areas of water and sanitation, solid waste management and energy efficiency of public buildings, based on integrated and participatory local planning exercises
- Updating Moldova’s National Strategy for Regional Development (NSRD)
- Development of integrated regional operational plans on water and sanitation, solid waste management and energy efficiency of public buildings for the RDAs
- Technical and financial planning (at pre-feasibility and feasibility level, incl. EIAs and socio-economic appraisals) as well as quality control of proposals for national and international funds
- Assessment of the private sector potential for the delivery of communal services (PPP Cooperation Agreements)
- Development and introduction of criteria/instruments for an economic delivery of communal services, considering appropriate ecological and social standards
- Development of monitoring and controlling instruments (budget management and accounting) for communal services
- Training of leadership and administration staff, regional and national stakeholders and support groups
Kommunalkredit Public Consulting GmbH, Türkenstrasse 9, 1092 Vienna, Austria