Zurück zu allen Referenzen
The objective of this assignment was to prepare a comprehensive feasibility study to assess the opportunities for investments in improving the energy performance of public, residential and commercial buildings in the Russian Federation. The study also analyzed barriers and opportunities for the further uptake of investment. The outcomes of the assignment will enable the EBRD to demonstrate market opportunities for energy efficiency to local financial institutions and investors. In particular the study shall provide sufficient information to guide the EBRD through the design and launch of a successful market-based financing mechanism to foster investments in high-efficiency equipment in Russia.
The detailed tasks of the feasibility study included:
- Analysis of market barriers and demand drivers for energy efficiency technologies in the building sector;
- Assessment of financing mechanisms, which support further investments in improving the energy performance of buildings;
- Identification of market barriers and demand drivers for the improvement of the energy performance of buildings;
- Forecast of estimated financing demand in the building sector;
- Development of a preliminary List of Eligible Materials and Equipment;
- Outline of the most viable options for a market-based financing mechanisms;
- Recommendations on the scope of further Technical Assistance measures necessary to facilitate investments in the building sector.